CME fees

I imagine a number of people have received a reply to
their letters to the CME concering fees for data.

I got my "Dear Bob", and if my name were John, it
would have been perfect.

Anyway, it would appear that instead of trying to
expand their market, the CME is only hoping to hold
its head above water. FWIW, this what they say:

Dear Bob,

CME has revamped its market data product offerings for
the retail
market
("non-professionals") in an attempt to align with the
majority of
customer
needs while meeting our financial objectives as a
for-profit company.
We
recognize that some retail traders will see a large
increase in market
data
fees if the new product offerings do not meet their
particular needs;
in
these cases, the fees will be slightly higher than
they were in 1999
when
CME did not offer a non-professional rate.

etc, etc,

Bob

=====
Bob Carlin