RE: stocks suck...electronic futures "rule"-margin requirements

> That's right....I want to control $60k of Microsoft for a measley
> $6k tie-up. Effectively: A $1 move = 17% return on margin
>
> Anyone else ?

Sure, lots of people -- back in 1929, when that was the kind of
leverage you could use for regular stock purchases.  And that kind of
leverage had a lot to do with the unusual weather (it's raining
traders) they had in New York that year...