RE: stocks suck...electronic futures "rule"-margin requirements

Better question is:
WHO suggested that 50% be the default margin for single-stock futures ?

The new instrument will have a hard enough time gaining <any> popularity,
but the above margin req. will just "kill it" IMHO.

margin: chance of success comment
30% : maybe
20% : it has a 50-50 chance
10% : now you're talking "winner"

That's right....I want to control $60k of Microsoft for a measley $6k
tie-up.
Effectively: A $1 move = 17% return on margin

Anyone else ?

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010215/wr/financial_charlesschwab_dc_2.htm
 l >>