Re: Tradestation Pro on NT Update... ( Omega, please read )

what i do now :-) is i keep atcc workspace open but
running in background and chart workspace running
in foreground. i then click on atcc workspace periodically
to check on my positions very briefly because i am afraid
the cpu will get pegged and i miss the alert.

THE WAY IT SHOULD BE DONE when trading a
profolio is that
you keep one workspace open that has a quote page with
your potfolio and atcc running.... you don't have to look
at the charts all the time. only when the alert box comes
up with new posistion or filled order you go to that chart
and check it to make sure everything is fine, no bad ticks
nothing weird... NOW ITS  A CLUSTER...K AND
OPPOSITE OF WHAT IT SHOULD BE...

if you are trading the sp only or 4-5 symbols you don't need
none of that crap since you can look at the chart all day long...

also, i turned off alerts for canceled orders and active orders
and only left alerts, alerts for open position orders and filled orders.
that way i only have to click them two boxes off instead of sitting
there clicking on every frigging 5 min bar times number of symbols
i am trading.... another kludge.

ANOTHER ANNOYING THING is that if two orders come
for different symbols at same time on same bar you only get
TO SEE THE LAST BOX... so if there are two signals
that came it at same time you might miss the first one or you
have to search for that chart.... and if you have 30 charts open...
you get into a real SEARCH CLUSTERF....K trying to find
the chart that first alert came from... :-(
so i might just disable all the alert boxes and right my own
message box WITH CLEAR ORDER... so that if there
are multiple orders i get to see those all message boxes
before they overwrite each other...
by the way, is there a solutions for that?

ALL THOSE LITTLE DETAILS point to the fact that omega
needs to have better feedback mechanism from traders.

also they should come up with a portfolio window
where you can not only track your current position and current p$lbut
also cumulative p$l for all positions, cumulative equity, etc.., max
run up , max drawdown for that trade, max drawdown for the system, etc...
all in one quote page... WITH AN OPTION OF INPUTTING THE FILL
PRICE AUTOMATICALLY FROM THE SYSTEM... or manually.
most porfolio tools remain unused because people are lazy about inputting
every frigging fill in there on every frigging trade...

2000i has the same problems, so code was copied and pasted...
bilo.