Re: Buy / Sell signals

--- Bob Fulks <bfulks@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 7:29 AM -0800 1/31/01, Kimball Morgan wrote:
>
> >Does anyone on the list know if one must use a
> strategy to draw the
> >up/down arrows used to denote buy and sell signals?
> Is there a way to
> >code them in an indicator?
> >
> >I've checked documentation, but perhaps am not
> looking in the right
> >place, and Omega online support is down.
> >
> >Any help much appreciated,
>
> Try:
>
>   if Date = XXXXXX and Time = YYYY then Buy;
>   if Date = XXXXXX and Time = YYYY then Sell;
>
> These are very handy for making charts for proving
> how good your
> system is. <g>

Technically it seems he wanted the "buy" or "sell"
commands in an indicator or function, which is not
allowed by TS as far as I can tell.

Don't ask me why, I am confused about why they set it
up that way as well.  (It makes it hard to optimize
and view the optimized indicators at the same time ---
I am still looking for a workaround solution if any of
you know of any.)

Jack