daytrading & money management

I might have sent this email twice. Excuse me for that.

Hi all,

 Two questions. (I am using a TradeStation 2000i)

 I am daytrading the Eurostoxx 50 on the Eurex in Europe. I want to do this
on a 5 minute basis as well as a 30 minute basis. For my 5 minute charts I
want to do just daytrading; no overnight positions. For my 30 minute charts
I will have overnight positions. I am using a simple break out system. Trend
following in nature this  system gives me nice backtested results from
January 2000 till July 2000. From then the 30 minute based results start to
go down. Obviously a market related problem since the Eurostoxx perform more
sideways since August 2000. I am using this same system for daytrading on a
5 minute basis.

 question 1)  I want to use this break out system for my 30 minute charts
together with a money management system. Does anyone on the list use a money
management system with full satisfaction? Is that a system which can be
programmed for TradeStation 2000 users?

 question 2) Concerning my daytrading. Is there anyone on the list who wants
to share ideas about a reliable daytrading system that can be used for
trading futures on a 5 minute chart? I am running into too much sideways
periods on a five minute basis. My break-out system does not seem to be able
to avoid these periods. Any suggestions or programs that give the so badly
needed satisfaction/positive results?
I am trading through Refco and the number of trades is not the problem. I
pay nice fees and I am behind the screen all day so I do not have problems
with labour intensive systems.

Thanks in advance,

 Ed Kiers