From: James F. Mazzulla [mailto:tagteam@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2001 8:12 AM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Read my lips, Win2000 is the answer

>You need the correct version of the adaptec software.
>The nt version doesnt work corretly under w2k.

That's essentially correct. However, there doesn't seem to be a
version of DirectCD (a component of EZ CD) that works properly under
W2k in all instances. Adaptec (Roxio) is aware of various anomalies
when running DirectCD under W2k and has released a new version (5.0)
which, currently, is only available in Germany. Version 5.0 of EZ CD
(with DirectCD v5.0) is supposed to be available sometime this year in
the U.S. and, purportedly will address known W2k issues.