Re: Online Discount Brokers

Two issues:

1.  They only accept stop orders on a "waiting" basis.  Which means the
system only actually sends an executable order AFTER the stop price is
touched.  It is a two-step process.  The resulting delay of five seconds to
process the second order, can result in nasty slippage if the market is
ticking against you at that time.  I've seen slippage of four ticks on the
Emini SP with PMBe.  With "true" stop orders that are resting on Globex, it
would have been zero or one tick slippage.

2.  Unlike other firms, they have no stop-limit order capability to control
the fill price (particularly useful on entry orders, even if not an
appropropriate exit order).  To enter/exit the NQ using PMBe's "stop"
orders could be hazardous to one's financial health.

Simon.