Re: Bill Williams system

  • To: "Barry Silberman" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Bill Williams system
  • From: "Brian/Louise Garnant" <babakid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 17:33:21 -0800

I back tested the latest system Bill Williams has in his book "New Trading
Dimensions" with Dynamic Trader Software (as Robert Miner has the "set ups"
already in Dynamic Trader. I did this with several commodities on an EOD
Basis. The wide fluctuating Futures did poorly.

However, the S&P did extremely well. As well as several others.

There are two exit strategies Bill Williams uses. Seems they would be
dependent somewhat on one's personal risk tolerance, and within that
context, how the individual contract is behaving within the last "x"
timeframe - fluctuating normally by historical standards, or above average.
Bill Williams stated goal is to get 200% to 500% out of a move, not just 80%
by getting in near the bottom, and getting out near the top. I was a little
skeptical at first, but the closer that I trade exactly to the system, the
better my results are.

My main problem seems to be sticking exactly with the system, and not second
guessing it!

Bill Williams system is well worth looking into. It is one of the easiest
and deeply profound systems I have come across.

Brian