Re: also...

At 3:03 AM -0500 11/8/00, Jimmy56@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I have been getting an interesting/frustration problem.  Whenever I increase
>the data of my stocks in a chart back 10 years or more, the system in the
>chart often (maybe always) switches off because it says MaxBarsBack needs to
>be set further back.  The system I'm working with now is already set back to
>200 bars (EOD by the way) and the system in question doesn't even have an
>indicator that is looking back 200 bars.  I have to then set the system back
>to 250 for some equity.  For other stocks all the way back to 350 or even 400
>in one case!  What gives?  Maybe there's some arcane system code I should
>include which I'm not?  Does this make sense to anyone.  Thank you!
>Jim

This usually occurs because on some bar your system looks back that many bars. It does not have to be during the initial bars but can occur on any bar.

You might be saying something like:

  BarCount = BarCount + 1;
  if XXX then BarCount = 0;
  PastHigh = High[BarCount];

At some point the BarCount variable could get up to some big number. Look at every case where you refer back to a past value and make sure the look back is limited to same value, independent of the data.

Bob Fulks