Re: ** Successful, Robust Systems Anyone ?? ***

  • To: <Jimmy56@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: ** Successful, Robust Systems Anyone ?? ***
  • From: "Jim & Bullseye" <cayenne@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 00:23:50 -0800

    I trade both intraday and eod using the
same TS indicators, which by their nature,
are breakout and trend following.

    Altho not a "system" in truest sense of
TS, it certainly is a non-subjective system
or methodology of using the indicators. I
accomplish the challenge of trending and
non-trending markets by using a simple entry
filter, which helps avoid the vast majority
of false breakouts. For example, if I have a
bar close with a new long (or short) signal
in the S&P or ES, I add or subtract 2 points
from the close to identify my entry. In
stocks EOD, I use a 1/2 dollar filter for the
entry stop.The trade is then managed by a
combination of profit targets, trailing
stops, and new signals generated by the
indicators.

    By the use of these simple filters, the
indicators work well in both trending and
non-trending types of markets as well as eod
or daytrades. Problem solved..

    Maybe too simple...

Regards,

Jim