Re: Limit Down Bounce--Borsellino

  • To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Limit Down Bounce--Borsellino
  • From: "Jim Johnson" <jejohn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 07:33:34 -0700

M. Simms wrote--
"What's his methodology?..."

Here's a summary as I've picked it up-but I'm sure this is not all the
story.

Lewis Borsellino publishes jos market calls on his own website ( www.
teachtrade.com ) and twice daily (920 and 115 Eastern) on
www.tradingmarkets.com ( a for-fee site).  On the latter he recently
published a course on his methods.  The course was good but left one
hankering for more.  i conclude he doesn't want to give away the whole
thing.

Pivotal Area--most days he publishes a Pivotal Area--a band of prices,
usually not far from the closing range (approx 30 min) of the day before. He
uses this (see below) for the first 90 minutes or so.  But he does not and
will not via email questions divulge how this proprietary band is
determined.  From context I think it is some combo of moving averages and
prcies where there is a lot of prior activity--maybe areas of congestion,
hesitation.  I assume something like Market Profile would reveal this as
well.

Resistance and Support--Each day he publishes 4-8 resistance levels and 4-8
support levels.  He treats them as both resistance (support) and targets.
E.g., price will get resistance at 1355.5; if it takes out that #, look for
1360.  These SR number seem to be a combo of Fib levels and activity levels.

Price behavior--in his course he emphasizes observing how price behaves at
key levels--congestion, move thru, retrace etc.

Opening range behavior--he emphasizes close observation of the opening range
(~first 15-30 minutes) as a clue to the rest of the day.

Trading stance--abovethe PA he tends to be a buyer of dips, below a seller
of rallies.

He has offices at the CME and people on thefloor.  He says he goes back and
forth and talks frequently of the number of peole in the pit, level of
noise/action, big player actions and at what price levels.

www.tradingmarkets.com offer a 3 day trial.  It is well worth the time to
join and print out the various courses they have published over the last few
years.