Removable hard drive question

Hi Zsu,

I'm using a removable drive setup for backup and it works really well.  I
bought a Western DIgital 13 gig Expert hard drive(7200 rpm), and a
removable unit(cage).  My unit was supposed to be hot swappable, but it
isn't, and that doesn't bother me at all.  When I back up I just have to
reboot the computer and change the bios to add this extra harddrive.  It
takes less than 60 seconds to do this.  I've tried tape backups(which I
like), and Zip type drives, and this backs up at a much quicker pace and
being a hard drive, is very accessible(I use XTreeGold and ZTree to
manipulate files).

The only drawback is that I have the harddrive partitioned with regular
FAT, not FAT32, so the partitions are limited to 2gig, and I have to break
up my backups into 3 sessions.  The reason for this is that I still use Dos
alot and I believe Dos won't work on FAT32 partitions.

The removable units(cage) are available in aluminun, better for the higher
speed(hotter) hard drives.  None of the units I've seen are build very
well, the locks/keys are very cheap(the key falls out all the time), and
the
flimsy catch that holds the sliding top shut broke fairly quickly on my
unit.  If you find a better quality one, please let me know...the key
falling out of the lock is irritating.

John