Re: Globex S&Ps Trading?

In a message dated 10/22/00 8:24:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
I4Lothian@xxxxxxx writes:

<< Trading was halted.  Senior Management at the CME was called in to resolve
 the technology problems as well as the trade issues.  The off the record
 hearsay information I was given said 500 orders or 500 contracts are being
 looked at.   Some trades may well be busted, even if you entered your order
 tonight.  Stay tuned, or contact your broker.  Patience is a requisite.

 Regards,

 John J. Lothian >>

The e-mini tick chart was doing a wild dance from about 5:30 to 5:35 Chicago
time.  There were changes as large as 5 handles between ticks.  The range was
1398 - 1420 in this short interval.  I admit to wondering just what the heck
was going on.  The SP looked a bit on the "volatile" side but not nearly as
bad as the e-mini.  You think this might be associated with the "trade"
problem you were referring to?  I can't recall seeing those kind of moves
absent some earthshaking news someplace.  I looked outside and the trees were
stll all standing and the earth wasn't shaking so CA was apparently safe.
Even CNN was quiet.  So I did what I do best.  I shrugged my shoulders and
stopped worrying about it.  No dog in THAT fight, thank goodness.

Lee Scharpen