Re: Trouble pasting in/out

  • To: Bob Hunt <RHunt.066@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Trouble pasting in/out
  • From: "Gary Fritz" <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 08:37:52 -0700

> I have had similar problems in the past and it always turned out
> to be an issue in the SYMBOL.TXT file (which resides in
> OMEGA/PROG). This is the file that dictates the symbol translation
> procedure between the different data vendors.

Thanks for the tip, Bob, but I don't think that's the problem here.
For one thing, all the people I've had trouble exchanging data with
use the same data vendor I do -- BMI.  For another, the SYMBOL.TXT
file you sent is basically identical to the one I already have,
except mine doesn't have an entry for ND (!).  That wouldn't explain
all the trouble I've had exchanging INDU, NDX, SPX, NQ, etc etc.

Just to be sure, though, I tried replacing my SYMBOL.TXT file with
yours.  No improvement -- I still can't read most of the symbols in
an OMZ I just created yesterday.  Same as before.

Gary