Scan attachments for virus files - off topic

I recently stumbled on this site and thought others may be interested.
Trend Micro has a product they call Housecall, which scans your
hard drive for known viruses and tags them for you to either clean or
delete. This is done entirely online, no download, and no file running in
the background. It can be set to just scan the directories and folders
you choose.

http://housecall.antivirus.com/
They don't even require you register, which is appreciated.

The first time I ran it, it found three virus files in my e-mail attachments
folder. No surprise, since I see virus files coming through fairly often,
but these I hadn't even noticed. I've always been hyper-paranoid about
opening Word or Excel files at all. Now I can open .doc and .xml files
without worry, and without the hassle of  running a constant virus checking
program.

They also have a program for scanning Outlook -- which apparently does
need to be installed on your computer, but is still free!

I'm not associated in any way with this site.
Kathryn

Kathryn Martyn, NLP Practitioner, Daytrader
FREE E-Book: Tips, Tricks & Techniques for Daytraders
  http://www.daytradersbulletin.com/html/tips.html