[Fwd: Re: CL_Computer Update for TS2k]

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: CL_Computer Update for TS2k
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 19:43:56 -0700
From: "Monte C. Smith" <mcs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: prosys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"M. Simms" wrote:

> What kind of configuration are you running ?
>
> # of workspaces
> # of windows
> # of symbols
> avg # of indicators per window
> avg # of symbols per workspace

And are you running any CDs and if so, what kind of decoder does that
drive use...hardware or software?

Also, to anyone....are there any measurements published (or better yet,
an interactive screen with space for lots of input) that quantize the
performance hit one gets in a software decoder vs. a hardware decoder on
an optical drive, for a given sampling of 'typical' non-networked
configurations..

Thanks,
Monte