AW: option orders- Ameritrade

I have had about one year of experience with Ameritrade. They are OK for
simple purchases or sales of options, and as long as you don't need your
fill price reported back any time soon. Spread orders at a limit price,
however, are not handled well. It may take a whole day and night for you to
know whether you have been filled at all, and at what price.

Ratioed spreads cannot be placed electronically at all, only phoned in,
which is an experience in itself. Most Ameritrade brokers are at a loss to
understand these spreads, and have to find someone in management to ask back
while they put you on hold for about twenty minutes. Most annoying!

They have a phone desk for you to place orders in case of emergency, but
don't count on them to give you fill reports on your orders. The phone
brokers will instruct you to look at the web page for your fills, because
that's their source of information, too. And it may take more than a day for
that information to appear on your screen.

Now the above applies to option trading. For stocks, they are quite good,
with fast and usually good fills, especially in the NASDAQ. You could even
use them to day trade stocks.

Hope this helps.

Michael Suesserott