Re: Win2k & ts4 /was Re: windows millenium & ts4

>From what I have been able to discern
concerning operating systems and TS over the
past few years:

Windows 2000:  Best platform for TS2. The
major drawback to using W2K is the extreme
hassle of adapting most consumer software to
the W2K environment. But on a dedicated
machine W2K would be the best platform for
TS2K

Win98:    Proven operating system for TS 4.0.
Few issues, if any. Plus a large installed
base for answers to problems that might crop
up. WIN 98 and TS2K. This is another issue
all together. However, I believe the majority
of WIN 98 users can successfully use TS2K in
its latest iteration in day to day use.

WIN 95:    Best to upgrade to WIN98 SE for
access to the large installed base of users
as outlined above. Little, if any, experience
reported using WIN 95 with TS2K.

WIN ME:    No reason to upgrade. If a new
machine arrives with ME installed, one could
expect the same experience as WIN 98 users.
The best bet, however, would be to install
the WIN 2K operating system and install other
software, drivers etc.overtime that are WIN2K
compatible. Perhaps advanced users could have
both WIN ME/WWIN 98 and WIN2K installed on
the same machine. I have no personal
experience not have I read about other TS
users using a machine with two operating
systems installed.

I personally use both my TS2Ks on WIN 98
machines with no problems (I did install WIN
ME on one of the machines...TS2K worked OK
but there were some other software issues
that made me decide to uninstall ME and
revert back to WIN98.)

Perhaps the above will be of some use, or
simply, FYI.

Jim