Re: I need your responce

In a message dated 10/8/00 11:11:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
alevitin@xxxxxxxx writes:

<< But now I would disagree with my previous opinion. The fact that such
 predictions are possible at all is the very valuable fact by itself. It
 will tell all of us that prediction of the market are possible and offer
 scientific proof of it. So far I do not know that such proof exist. If
 predictions possible then all we need is to find the way to do it. Let me
 put it another way. Let suppose I disperse a remedy that cures presently
 "un curable" illness. Then all researchers will know that they could find
 it too even I am not reviling the chemical formula. Or let's recall famous
 theorem  Ferme. (If I spell the name correctly. The man wrote on the margin
 of the book that he found a very simple solution of the theorem but has no
 space to spell it out). It inspired mathematicians to look for it solution
 for centuries. It lead to development of new fields in mathematics and
 finally was solved (but solutions was not "very simple").

First, to play spelling "gendarme", the name was "Fermat". - he of "Fermat's
last theorem" fame. <G>  I liked your thoughts on this.  And it's made me
reconsider my OWN point of view. Thanks for your perspective.

Lee Scharpen