importing ascii from yahoo

After multiple attempts at transferring historical data from the Yahoo daily
database on a small gas stock, I need to ask the group if anyone has
experience in being able to get ts5 to accept this type of data.  I have
tried transferring it into both excel and wordpad, converting to plain text,
to tab delineated text , altering the date format, and removing the cell
partitions as well as all of the combinations of date-o-h-l-c-v in 2000i.
It repeatedly gives an error message and will not plot, but does not say way
the data is not readable.  Anyone tried and been successful at this
seemingly simple task?

TIA,

Don