Sharing your trades (was: I need your responce)

"Igor Kaplun" <ikaplun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>Sometime ago I sent you some numbers for the market (S&P futures).
>Market hit today low of 1416 as my system calculated.
>Well it happens within several days, and not within one day.  But does
>it really matters?
>I am planning to send you intraday numbers (S&P futures) as they will
>occur.  As fast as I can.  There is about 10 to 15 trades a day with
>1 -2 small losses.
>I can send you intraday trades as they will occur or at the end of the
>day, as a summary.
>I need your response before I will send my real time trades on my
>website.
>Hey guys, should I send you more numbers or should I shut up?

In her book "Exceptional Trading" Ruth Roosevelt quotes Linda Raschke:
    "You sure don't [talk about your trades]. It's considered to be---
you're not a good trader if you talk about your trades.  It's a
loss of class.  To me, if somebody talks about how good they are,
it's a sign that they're not a good trader.  They just don't have
experience because everybody's time comes up at some point or
another.  The market will put you in your place very quickly.
If you think you're so much smarter than the market, it just tells
me that you haven't been trading long enough...
   "Among my professional friends and colleagues... we always tell
our mistakes, our worse performances, never our good ones..."

I think, Val, that the list might be very interested if you want
to share the thinking behind your trading methodology.  The
particular numbers probably aren't so interesting, except as
illustrative examples of that methodology.

If you can write up a detailed explanation of the processes by
which you arrive at ten to fifteen trades a day as they happen,
I'm sure we'll be most impressed.  But I don't think this list
is a place to just throw out the numbers, without explanation.
--
jimo@xxxxxxxxxx
maintainer of the omega list