Electronic Trading Again

    Some time back John Lothian posted a good piece of info on electronic trading.  Perhaps he will post the archieve where it might be found, as I don't recall.

    Jason Carter from Best replied that (1) PFGBest has only one line direct to the CME Server ( they have the latest API, I believe), so orders are " at times " backed up "; however, a second line is being installed and Should be Functioning Next week.  ( 2)  A limit order is received at Best's Server, you account checked for authorization to trade the amount you transmit ( no of cars ) and sent to the CME at the existing price or better, etc. etc.  (3)  A Market Order is recd / sent the same  BUT the " or better " is 15 POINTS.

    IB's site Says the Limit price is sent as you see it on the IB Screen, ( called a Workstation  and all your info already there and calculated ) or Better.  Their Market Order is 10 POINTS.  Hope John Lothian verifies this, but believe IB & derivatives of same, use the CUBS system.

    With the IB Personal Account, you DO NOT have a fast Desk Back Up.  With the Professional, you have your own Broker.  - - so check this out.  PFG Does Have a responsive Desk.

Hope this of some Help.