Re: Sharpe Ratios of CTA's

Hello  Mark,

MJ> Bob Fulkes writes of Sharpe ratios of mechanical systems.

Markets  are dynamic and so should the models which trade them be, WHY
would we expect that the risk - money management part of the system be
any   less   dynamic?  I'm talking about the asset allocation on a per
unit basis.

The scenario goes something like this

all the client wants to know is the following ridiculous items:

how little can i put up to trade with (margin)

how little can i risk (drawdown)

how much can i make (upside)

how quick will it happen (pronto, pronto)

what a world we live in..

Best regards, Mark Brown

ps i will concede the the most profitable models i have ever
discovered are mid to longer term in nature. problem is that few have
the patience to allow them to work.