Re: EasyLanguage for "First hour high/low"

  • To: "Philippe Lhermie" <philippe.lhermie@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: EasyLanguage for "First hour high/low"
  • From: "Doug Fields" <dfields@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:06:49 -0700

Hi Philippe,

My thought about the first few minutes of high and low is that:

When the market opens, there's a lot of stuff going on in the beginning
(especially on the open), which is probably related more to longer term
traders than intra-day traders.

I like to get an "opening range" to get a feel for where the longer term
players push the market in the beginning.

I'm playing with various time periods for this, currently 20 to 60 minutes.

For example, QQQ today had a large range in the beginning before starting a
reliable trend down around 10:30 AM. That trend seems to have dried up now
at noon-ish, but dipped below the 60 minute low on good volume at 11:30-ish.

The beginning and close is IMO generally the most volatile, so I like to see
"just how" volatile it is.

Cheers,

Doug