Follow-up on "Systems-Only" List...it's ready to go ->

ok. people...
we are going to launch the "trading-systems-only"
list starting in sep. before i go any further :-) a trading
system is not a bloomberg terminal or an e-signal
or  a computer that you can use to trade, ok?
it's a computer program that generates buy and sell
signals automatically. that's just for some shtockers
out there that are new to the subject and might be
confused about the term "trading systems".

anyway following my first post, i had many positive responses
and only one aol'er got upset about it, probably after a
bad trading day. anyway,  e-groups is not
a option... not secure enough...also i subscribed to
a couple of user groups there and started getting
some junk mail shortly after... some individuals
reported the same experience, i.e. profiling and spam.
in short e-groups is a nogo for now.

MB came to rescue, as on many occasions,
and offered a secure list with an ftp option. we can
send gifs and graphs and sizable e-mails without
limitations. again programmers, math experts and real
traders are encouraged to join. this will be good
stuff and no bs list. to repeat myself, we will do
several things: exchange system ideas, take existing
systems apart and see if we can improve on that.
discuss ideas about tradable systems. there will be
plenty of "rocket science" type of ideas and down
to earth approaches so it should be interesting.
designing a tradable systems is a complex endeavor
so to ensure some sort or an order vs. sporadic
ramblings, i will be the moderator for now.
if we all contribute we will have a list  where
members  work in cooperation. we will all
have to open up a bit for it to work, i will be the
first one to do. i am starting to send out invitations
to some individuals from the omega and code list that
are qualified. the rest of you are welcomed to join.
referrals are much appreciated... we don't need no
tire kickers and whiners on that list...some of you will
receive an invitation to join some will have to ask
for it which is ok. the goal is to have a
list that is focused entirely on trading systems.

now an important consideration:
there are several levels of security that we could have
gone with:
1. unsecured, anyone can sign up at any moment
( like omega or the code list )
2. min security, moderated list for those who's
experience is related to the list's outline
3. secure, moderated list for selected qualified
individuals
4. partnership, same as above but with nda's signed
and partnership established with a common goal.

now all of the above is obviously to prevent pirating
of ideas or code, etc. so it's impossible to enforce
3 or 4 at this time and 1 is not a good option so we
will go with option 2. a moderated list for experienced
individuals with an "we can kick you out if we don't like
you" option.
i.e.. if you don't want to share your best code, just
share whatever you can, an idea here and there a
piece of code or just a plain contribution will do.

now the list is already set up so...
***
directions if you would like to join:
first,  e-mail me some info about  yourself such as
obviously your e-mail ( no web based e-mails please ),
your name, your trading experience, your systems
experience if any, your professional background( i.e. trader
 or programmer or etc. ) and  your educational
background ( your major, don't need the college name ).
this will be your "trading profile" for the list.
next, as soon as we have a min of say 30 people lined up
 i will  sign you all up at same time and we get this thing going.
your address, age, etc. and other private info is not
needed for this. just some related info about yourself.
***
note that this list is moderated, i.e. you can't just sign up
at anytime. you have to send me an e-mail with your
trading profile first then i will sign you up.
so go ahead an send me your info.

now, for all of you ( over 50 so far ) who already sent
me an e-mail after the first post, you would have to
resend it with your "trading profile" , except those that
already included that info ahead of me asking for it.

also, don't forget to invite others that are qualified.
you are free to forward this message around.

let's rumble.
bilo.
ps . this is not effort to steal members from omega or
code or other lists. i am sure that the omega list will
continue to be a successful support list for omega products.
same goes for tradeware lists the code list and other list.
i am staying with all of those myself.