Re: Stochastic

Some time ago, I convinced myself that on the free quote.com charts they
were plotting the fast K as the "fast" line and the slow D as the
"slower" line.  That's an unusual combination I think.

If I'm not mistaken normally the fast stochastic indicator plots the raw
(unsmoothed) value as the fast line and a 3 day avg of that is the other
smoother line, referred to as fastD.

The slow stoch. indicator plots the latter once smoothed line (sometimes
now called slowK just to confuse things, but it's the same as fastD I
think), and then a still smoother line that is the 3 day average of the
slowK; this last line is slowD.  You don't normally see fastK with
slowD, but I believe that's what quote.com did.  (Whether Qcharts is the
same, I don't know.)  I think I verified this theory by comparing some
numbers from quote.com and TS.

Conrad Bowers