Re: Global Memory Manager-out of memory!!

Hi Alan:

I'm using Win98, 128mb RAM, BMI, MemTurbo.  Until this problem began a two
weeks ago, I routinely have run TS4, with many workspaces and lots of
windows and indicators, IE5, OutlookExpress, LeoWeb, a Dos program, and had
no problems.  I use MemTurbo when the Ram memory gets taken up, but I don't
have to, it just seems to speed things up a bit.  I never let the system
resources get below 45% and I watch them all the time.

This is a new problem, and so far I have not learned what "global memory"
is, or what the Global Memory Manager is.  The Omega knowledge base makes
no mention of it.  But...my News module does seem to be corrupt, and it
gives an error message everytime I start TS4, and won't open.  I don't know
which problem came first, but I'm interested to hear some more details from
your mention of a possible connection between a bad News module and this
global memory problem.  But first, can you tell me what "global memory"
refers to.

John