Re: Same old same old

Bob Fulks has a couple of expositions that he posts in response to specific
questions: one on Optimal f and another on various methods of creating
continuous contracts.  I thought something like this would be useful for
some of the things that pop up from time to time to time to time to time.  I
think the best approach would be a separate FAQ on each.  The topics that
seem to recur are:

Best Brokers for various trading vehicles
Best Data vendors
Tick Counts (information collected should include CPU speed, memory, OS,
port config if applicable, number of symbols collected by system, software
and version, connection type if applicable)
Sources of Historical Tick/EOD Data
Firewalls
Best Laptops
Easy Language books
Feasibility of Class Action Lawsuit Against Omega Research
Is Bill Cruz Satan or Spawn of Satan?

Ok, maybe that last one is just me thinking aloud...  Any others?
On the topics of best brokers and best data vendors, perhaps the best way to
organize something like that would be a collection of anonymous annecdotes
from customers.  This is one of the things that I find most valuable, but we
wouldn't want the list to be a list of one-time complaints.  Perhaps for
brokers, the submissions should be from people who have a year or more of
experience in the vehicle in question.

Kent