Re: Same old same old

On Sat, 08 Jul 2000 16:05:55 -0700, Dennis Holverstott
<dennis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>how many time must people ask the same old questions over and
>over and over?

Even though delivered with a whiff of rhetorical sarcasm, it is indeed
a worthy question.

When recently a question was asked about tick counts I referred the
thread to Bobr  who I knew had gotten quite deeply into the subject
and posted the results back in April.  I participated in gathering
comparative results.  He was generous in his reiteration of his work.

I share Dennis's desire to have NEW trading and coding questions and
NEW answers,   but I also know that this freshness comes from new
members with new trading ideas.  Consequently I welcome them to our
corner of cyberspace.

I even liked the whining about the new TS2000i.  When it slowed down I
knew I could convert, and thanks to a couple of guys here whose
solutions/workarounds about upgrading I heeded my installation and use
has been without painful problems.

But the re-occuring "same old" could be solved by a FAQ.  I would be
willing to retain, update/edit and post it on a monthly basis, or send
it privately to individuals who were in obvious need of it--IF one
existed.

Dennis and BobR if you would like to start one with some seeds of
contribution I will keep it, post it and add to it as others
contribute.

Fred, FAQ Editor-nominee

"Success is the only test of genius" -R.Adm Daniel Gallery 1901-1977