RE: Win2000 & TS 2000 vs Win 95/98 & TS 4 AND OTHER WARES

  • To: "List, Omega" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Win2000 & TS 2000 vs Win 95/98 & TS 4 AND OTHER WARES
  • From: "Brian" <bnm03@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2000 22:14:43 -0700

"CYBER?order execution and smart routing seem cutting edge but charting is
weak and systems none existant "

Another problem with Cybercorp (I'm assuming this is what you're referring
to) is that funds for trades held overnight don't become available until the
NEXT business day.  That means you're trading with only a fraction of your
capital the next day if you held a trade overnight and then liquidated that
day.  They say that it's an SEC-mandated rule for them and the reason they
have to adhere to it as opposed to firms like Datek that don't is because
they operate out of Texas which is in a different region and therefor
subject to different rules. Sounds weird but that's what they said.

For me this was a huge negative against cybercorp and one of the main
reasons I dumped them.