Re: Subliminal learning/behavior modification tapes -- Consumer Reports request

Some of us here should consider signing up with something
www.expertise.com or themutual.com as experts and get
something from it :-)

There's only 1 auditory "subliminal" product that works. It was
used on the Iraqis in the gulf war and mentioned of the approach
turned up in a HK movie about 2 years ago.
It is very expensive, 4 digits I think to a single customised recording.
I keep in touch with these sort of things as it was my research
speciality awhile back.

This much I will say, all products that uses masked auditory stimuli
don't work. That is, here you have a message and it is rendered
not "consciousable" by means of playing another sound at the
same time and probably louder too, i.e. masking it, a.k.a. energy
masking.

Energy masking destroys the signal. You can check with
psychophysics literature.  Energy masking works only
with the visual modality.

There are many ways to talk with the "subsconscious" or unihipili as
the old Hawaiians used to call it. A recorded tape as an approach is
pretty demeaning to its intellect but that depends on the development
of the individual. NLP has it calibration protocol that you much
want to check out.