Re: Time to move this list to E-Groups

Hi Larry,

I have also managed several eGroups myself over the years.  You are
concerned about a 'loss of privacy issue" with eGroups, and you claim that
eGroups has not been forthcoming with information which you requested
about.their privacy policy.  I understand and appreciate your concerns.
While I don't doubt that you have had these negative experiences, I thought
I would share that I have had positive experiences and interactions with
eGroups over the years, and that I am quite comfortable with their privacy
policy.

eGroups has made their privacy policy available at
http://www.egroups.com/info/privacy.html for as long as I can remember.
There is nothing in it that makes me not want to use the eGroups service.
However, I understand and appreciate that others may have different privacy
concerns than I do.  In your case, where you are uncomfortable with a web
sites privacy policy, you could use the Freedom Network
(http://www.freedom.net/) from Zero-Knowledge Systems
(http://www.zeroknowledge.com/)

I have been a heavy user of this service because there are many web sites
whose privacy policy I really do have a problem with.  Maybe the Freedom
Network would be interesting for you and others to investigate.  Not only
would it address all of your concnerns which you have with eGroups, but it
would address all of your privacy concnerns for any web site.

There are other services which have similiar offereings to Zero-Knowledge
Systems.  I only suggest the Freedom Network because this is the service
that I have experience with.

Regards, Matt