RE: A Quick Poll

Bob,

In my own trading I find when I am really on target it is more discretionary
than technical.  I find good technical rules to apply to trades after the
fact.  The human brain has capabilities beyond our conscious ability to
understand.  If I can remove the fear and greed from my mind then successful
trades come easily.  I know enough about technical analysis to find a good
reason for what I did in retrospect though I had no clue at the time.
Sometimes I know to get out or in and quickly find a good technical reason
to do so other times I just take action then find a reason the rest of the
time fear and greed take over with exactly the results I deserve.

Does anyone else find this or suspect it?

Jimmy

The fact that technical analysis can work is no longer in much doubt.
Professors who have tried to prove that markets are a "random walk"
with prices determined by the "efficient market hypothesis" have
failed to prove it. Most now acknowledge that at least short-term
patterns exist that can be used to extract a profit from the markets.

I think there are techniques that work because of good technical
reasons and there are techniques that work because people think they
SHOULD work and that then becomes self-fulfilling.