Re: BMI shutting down within the year?

Hello  Bob,

BS> Does that sound like something you would want to do, Mark?

maybe  - we are currently using http://www.naq.com (caution) their web
site has a bunch of java crap that will suck your memory down.

they  get the data from bridge, so it pretty good and faster than bmi,
even  sp comstock ect.  in fact it's about as fast as i've seen.  that
could  be because they have relative few non commercial accounts using
that  feed.  i  think they also have some other feeds that they resell
like futuresource ect.

naq  is  compatible  with  the universal 3 server which will feed out
over  the  Internet.  if the universal 3 server (this gets old i know)
is  released  as a stand alone then it will work with that also.  what
this  has  to  do  with anything is that you may be able to then use a
third  party  software  and  feed  into ts as other feeds do now.  the
upside of a third party software product being used with the universal
server  is that many types of data feed can be hooked up to it- giving
a wide variety of possibilities.

of  course  it  would  be  nice  if  you  could get someone to program
something that would directly interface with a specific data feed too.
but  that would  have to be done on a case by case basis, and very time
consuming - but it could be done.  i would think that dyna store would
have  a jump on anyone getting this done.

if  someone  would  like  to  detail  a proposal i would be willing to
consider  anything  we  could do that would pay for itself.  we may be
picking  up  another  commercial  feed soon, which may add variety and
multi  country access.  as the markets eventually move towards a world
market and data feed.

*** caution TraderWareX related below ***

Hello All,

 If  you are using TraderWare in some unique capacity or to accomplish
something  out  of  the ordinary and are willing to have conversations
with  a  technical staff writer who will do magazine articles on such.
Please  email me so that I can forward your information to him so that
he can compose this for various upcoming articles.

 We will be glad to assist anyone who has a bright idea in the area of
programming  that  showcases  TraderWare's  power  and  flexibility to
accomplish things that other programs can not do.

Mihale  is  working  steady  pumping out mountains of code and will be
glad to assist in projects concerning TraderWareX and VB.

--
Best regards,
  Mark Brown   mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx