From: FPI <fpi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 5:06 PM
Subject: Recession Data

Does anyone know what govt agency is responsible, if any, for determining
officially when a recession starts and stops?

I have data from the Business Cycle Dating Committee of the National Bureau
of Economic Research, but that's a private organization.

Any URL that may be helpful would also be appreciated.

I basically want to know the month & year of each "official" recession
since 1948.

Many thanks,

FPI