Re: EasyLang bug?

----- Message d'origine -----
De : Larry Wright <lwright@xxxxxxxxxx>
À : Pierre Orphelin <pierre.orphelin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc : Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : vendredi, mai 26, 2000 05:09
Objet : Re: EasyLang bug?

> On Fri, 26 May 2000, Pierre Orphelin wrote:
>
> > > print (x);
> > > if x=4 then begin
> > >   (stuff)
> > >   b=StandardError(stuff);
> > >   (more stuff)
> > > end;

 > It is an input to the STUDY, NOT to StdErr!
>
> >  I assume X= Lenght) set to ZERO ?
>
> It is NOT a length - just an integer flag to select one af a few choices
> in the study.
> Your assumption is not correct.
=====
You pseudo code is not so clear on this point

> In any case, if I have a block that starts 'if x=4', and x=0, the block
> should NOT execute. Is this not correct?

==
It executes when verifying, and bypass the if then bloc to chzck what is
inside for the case

> The real question is why a line of code that should *NOT* execute caused
> an error.

It executes to check errors  when compiling ( F3)

> Still sounds like a bug to me. What do you think?

It's not a bug.
You do not trust TS ,and TS do not trust EL coders, so it verify when
compiling that a possible 0 div could exist.

Meilleures  salutations.

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com