Re: EasyLang bug?

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Pierre Orphelin wrote:

> > print (x);
> > if x=4 then begin
> >   (stuff)
> >   b=StandardError(stuff);
> >   (more stuff)
> > end;
> >
> > If *ONLY* the b= line is commented out, it runs OK. If it is not
> > commented, I get the div0 error.
> >
> > The interesting part is that x is = 0(it's an input and does not change at
> > all), as verified also by the print statement immediately before the if
> > x=4, and the if/end should NOT execute, as I read it.
> >

> Do you think that it makes sense to use this code ( below) with an  input

It is an input to the STUDY, NOT to StdErr!

>  I assume X= Lenght) set to ZERO ?

It is NOT a length - just an integer flag to select one af a few choices
in the study.
Your assumption is not correct.

In any case, if I have a block that starts 'if x=4', and x=0, the block
should NOT execute. Is this not correct?

The real question is why a line of code that should *NOT* execute caused
an error.

Still sounds like a bug to me. What do you think?

> No?
> So you got the answer...

Not quite... If you have any other ideas, please tell me...

Thanks for the reply,

Larry