Re: EasyLang bug?

On Thu, 25 May 2000, Gary Fritz wrote:

> If I remember right, in TS4 you can work around this by using the
> FileAppend function instead of print.  Apparently it doesn't buffer
> its output.

Thanks for the tip. In the meantime, the problem was bugging me (no pun
intended :-) so I started commenting out chunks of code until it ran. The
results are interesting. The bad code (much abbreviated) is:

print (x);
if x=4 then begin
  (stuff)
  b=StandardError(stuff);
  (more stuff)
end;

If *ONLY* the b= line is commented out, it runs OK. If it is not
commented, I get the div0 error.

The interesting part is that x is = 0(it's an input and does not change at
all), as verified also by the print statement immediately before the if
x=4, and the if/end should NOT execute, as I read it.

This same, exact chunk of code works OK in other routines, but NOT in this
study.

Sounds a bit like a TS100 Easy Lang bug to me - what do y'all think?

Again, thanks for the tip re prints.

Larry