Re: Taxes (was: Where is the Futures Industry Headed?)

ONLY THE SHADOW KNOWS!

Lamont

----- Original Message -----
From: <editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Omega List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2000 7:52 PM
Subject: Re: Taxes (was: Where is the Futures Industry Headed?)

> A couple weeks ago Lamont Cranston (wasn't it Lamont?) discussed his
aggressive moves to avoid taxes.  Now TG discusses hers...

> With all due respect to those of you who wish to debate the merits of
either Lamont's approach or TG's, may I suggest that the real question is
much larger than that?  At issue is whether the majority, simply by virtue
of being the majority, have a right to part of my earnings.  By what
standard, by what definition of justice, could such a right be thought to
exist?