Re: 2nd citizenships

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: 2nd citizenships
  • From: Ron Augustine <RonAug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 07:03:18 -0700

Simon,

U.S. Immigration and citizenship laws are a cesspool of ambiguity and
changing regularly.  I was referring to a person who willfully gives up
their U.S. citizenship -- without the relationship ties that you reference.

Your examples probably fall within the "extenuating circumstances" that I
mentioned.  If you need to have up-to-date, accurate information on these
issues, contact an attorney who specializes in this area.

My area of study deals strictly with people who have chosen to renounce
their U.S. citizenship -- Obviously this is not considered a "normal"
occurrence, so I assume the circumstances that would apply to them are
different than those that would apply to your family --