Re[2]: Taxes (was: Where is the Futures Industry Headed?)

Renunciation is irrevocable with the exception that a minor who attains the
age of 18 who was a US national can regain citizenship.

See:

http://travel.state.gov/renunciation.html

and

http://travel.state.gov/ina_text.html

Also, renunciation of citizenship doesn't get you off the hook for past
taxes owed. However, not all countries will extradite for tax-related offenses.

Allan