Re: System of the Future

> Mark who do you know other than yourself who actually trades mechanical.

<out of the closet mode on>

I do and I know a few others on the list too. Mostly we don't talk about
it on the list and we don't answer questions or surveys because then we
get asked how our systems work and we're obviously not gonna tell.

I gotta thank Mark for steering me in that direction. I'm no master
trader (far from it) but I do a lot better over the long haul trading
100% mechanically than if I try to second guess the system. Sure, it
bothers me when I take a trade I "know" is bad and it turns out to be a
loser but, as often as not, one of those trades I "know" is bad turns
out to be a big winner.

It sure makes the emotions a lot easier to deal with. I don't have to
second guess any trading decisions I make or worry about wiring my brain
with biofeedback circuitry to make sure I'm in the proper zen state to
trade. :-) All the decision making is done during the research process.
My day to day trading skill is judged (by me) solely on how well I did
as a clerk getting the orders in and getting a decent fill.

Losing money is never fun but it's a lot harder to take if you think it
may have happened because you just had a fight with your wife or someone
kicked your dog and you weren't in the proper mental state to read the
market. Or maybe you missed that big move because you stayed up late and
didn't feel alert enough to trade that day and that's the trade that
would have made your month. Trading mechanically and taking *every*
trade removes all that stress and doubt.

--
  Dennis