Problem with TS 4 speed during optimizations

When I run an optimization on my Dell 700 MHZ laptop the first few cases
run fast and then as the optimization progresses, it takes longer and
longer to run each case.  There is only one disk access per case so disk
access is not a problem.

After I finish one optimization and start another, the cases run slowly
and continue to slow down.  If I shut down TS and reboot it is still
slow.  If I shut down TS and the server and restart then the first few
optimizations run fast again, but the progressive slow down begins
allover.

I have reloaded TS from the CD ROM, but still have the same problem.

Has anyone else experienced similar slowdowns.  Does anyone have any
ideas as to what can be the problem (the slowdown occurs with all
ELA's).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill Amend