Re: Question on TS 2000i

: I have noticed similiar behaviour w.r.t. ZoneAlarm and my Omega
: Research products.  My current data vendor is PCQuote.com, and these
: are the Omega Research applications that I have had to allow ZoneAlarm
: to pass through the firewall:
:
:   ORBrowser Application 5.00.0771
:   pcqetix MFC Application
:   Omega Research GlobalServer 5.00.2919.6700
:
: I have also noticed that whenever I do a download from
: HistoryBank.com, I see the BMI subserver process initialize in the
: Event Logs.

If you're using PCQuote.com, why is the BMI subserver activating? It has no
reasons to at all unless the HB.com's data is in BMI format. I don't know
about this as I don't use HB.com.

I have to say that it might be something dastardly there as I'm a subscriber
to BMi cable and have no reasons at all to connect to the internet...except
that PS2Ki was install as an experiment on a spare computer previously used
exclusively for the internet....I do use it as now to answer emails and post
but PS2Ki has no reason to pass anything on between my laptop and Omega's
website.

: I have wondered myself about these messages and connections.  However,
: it might be a little premature to conclude that there is something
: dastardly going on w.r.t. these connections.  They may be perfectly
: legitamate and necessary for the software to work properly.

I don't know about that as it works perfectly so far (no collapse unlike the
first release) without being allowed to pass any info onwards. I have not
notice anything detrimental except a little slowness in updating charts
compare to TS 4.0 - but that may be a natural aspect of the program.