Re: ATT:Tradergirl!! (LINUX DOWNLOAD $0)

"M. Simms" <prosys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>Someday, SOMEONE will build a great MULTIPLATFORM trading system and
>it will be in JAVA. Many Linux-based solutions are written in
>C++.....fast, but totally non-portable. AND a "bear" to maintain and
>modify !!

I'm not sure Java has the performance necessary for a real-time
trading platform.  Nice idea, and great for those cute little
web-page animations, but many of us would hate to turn over more
of our machines than absolutely necessary to that sort of system
overhead; we want it for all that double-precision math and fancy
3-D graphics. :)  Not to mention the burden of collecting real-time
data.

The gamers worry more about these issues than most folks, and the
concensus among them seems to be a relatively unknown C++ toolkit
called FLTK (Fast, Light toolkit).  [http://www.fltk.org]

Like most really good software, FLTK was originally the work of one
person, working without benefit of committee.  Multiplatform too, for
those who care about such things.

Jim