Re: Tradergirls Philosophy

No offense towards tradergirl but I feel compelled to make a few comments
about this thread. Although we all like to get a free hotdog from time to
time, fair pay for a fair product and fair pay for honest work is the
American way (and many other places for that matter). Everybody working for
free, and getting everything for free has been tried and it doesn't/can't
work!

Almost nothing is truly free, even those "best" things.

Thomas Jefferson may have said that, but he surely didn't do it (meaning
have a revolution every three years), did he. Even he realized that chaos
has it's limits. He didn't give away his property either.

The field of investing has probably had more theft, fraud and skulduggery
than anything else. The promise of easy big money makes people do silly
things. Like buy hundreds of dollars worth of lottery tickets when they
can't pay the rent.

We as investors have a problem, that is, how to get real value for our
investment. It only stands to reason that 90%+ of the people that bought
TradeStation, data, hardware, etc. not only lost that investment but also
lost in the markets as well because that is the industry's winner/loser
percentages. That is pretty hard to stomach when looking at fair price for a
fair return of value. TradeStation is a tool and as a tool it is way over
priced IMO. They cannot guarantee that you will make money using it. Few
investors should buy it until they thoroughly understand the business, the
risks, themselves, etc.

Prosper

>  > We have enough music to last the world 10 billion years, and too many >
books at it is. Enough plays to re-incarnate 3000 times and not be able > to
see them all. Price of chips falling at such rates that in 10 years > we'll
> be having 1gigahertz pentiums costing $2. How about we go to a local >
Tower Records, and turn every CD into MP3's... you'd have so much music >
you wouldn't know what to do. >  > All these stuff rapes us of our attention
of being humans, of being able to > realize, our Elian-clogged
consciousnesses deserve better from the crap > (C) "intellectual property"
consciousness that produces year after year the > total garbage we always
see. >  > Jefferson said, every like 3 years there should be a revolution.
Well I > think we are long over do myself, and it can be peaceful, and it
can mean > that true freedom can occur. >  > > How would you like to see
your grandchildren still running Microsoft > > Office, on a 40 year old
Pentium III? >  > I would like to see my grandchildren, on anything over
500mhz, running > Linux, StarOffice, and free software. The ability to get
anything they want > with the click of a mouse, the ability to USE services,
and value adding to > the information age, instead of constricting it like
Microsoft does. >  > > George >  > What is really unreal is that the
majority of the people on the internet, > have > pirated copies of
"something", have a few MP3's at least on their drives, > have gotten copies
of tapes, or videotapes from friends. Have done things > "illegal" >  > With
the end of (C), and patents, and the embracing of Open Source, and > free
software, everything becomes a mute point... total nonsense. >  > This is
why I use Linux and promote it... > because it isn't an old way of thinking,
it is a new way. >  > If anyone thinks I am nuts, just remember, I am under
25, and a lot of my > friends in school think like this, near all of them,
so its not just one > lone > girl on the net. It's a lot of us. >  >
Hehehe -- should I start my own list? I think Omegaman is going to give > me
the boot for doing this. >  > Let's hear what he has to say, because I
really don't want to be a burden > here turning an Omega list, into a debate
on the meaning of freedom > as applied to software, and open source, and
Linux, and why we should > all start using it and end the slavery of our
technological system (hehehe > had to get that in) >  > Thanks, >  >
TradeGirl > aka. LinuxGirl >