Re: ServerGateWay is wide open

Hi David,

  I've been using FS with TS4 for a little over
a year now; switched from BMI.

  For myself, the BEST part has been their tech
support. For example, I recently returned from a six
week trip in our motorhome.  I traded from the road
and my poor husband had to reset the FS Sat dish
along with our TV dish every time we moved.  The tech
guys were great - I was calling them from at least 10
different states around midnight to get the coordinates
for the sat signal - needed to have them always do a
data refresh for me, never complained, always tried to
be as helpful as possible.  At times, we missed some of
the data updates and they emailed me data whenever we
were able to find a phone line to connect to.

  The downside has been that they only save 30 days worth
of tic data.  I always used point and figure charting for
trading the bonds and currencies, but need a year's worth
of tic data to set up my charts correctly.  I no longer can
use this charting method.

  I do not use systems in my trading so I'm not certain exactly
what you need to do to use your work, but if I can help you with
anything else, email me.

  One thing it took me a bit to find out.  When you are shutting
down, but want to save your prices on your quote page, first go to
FS Manager, click on data, then click "save".  Then go back to your
TS and close your pages, then close Gateway, then close Manager, then
Datalink.  When you reboot, open Datalink, then Manager. In Manager,
click on data, then click "load".  Then open Gateway, then TS.  When
you open your quote page all the prices will be there.  Learning this
took me a few phone calls, so I hope it saves you some time.

Connie

Sheley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx