Re:Firewall recommendation?

I have used zonealarm (latest is 2.1.10) for a couple months and it has
registered
many outside, unauthorized scans to my computer. But it is interfering
with both my
browsers, IE (5) and Netscape (4.5). I can not use IE to get news
stories from within Quote.com's Qcharts. Opening the browser and
clicking on a headline causes the login box to open. After putting in my
user name and password it says an error has occurred. Closing down
zonealarm eliminates the problem. My OS is Win2000,pent.II450MHz,256M.

 Zonealarm somtimes locks up netscape (4.5 and 4.7) (but not IE) after
surfing
to 3 or 4 web sites.

Wayne Mathews,