Realtime tick count

To Realtime data feed experts:

I've done it!  The realtime data comes in fine.  My
system:  Dell700, Win98, 192 MB RAM, TS2000i, DTN
satellite, Turbo 920 card.  There is no doubt that my
total number of ticks is less than Quote.com's since
 my quote is not as "jumpy" as Quote.com's.

How do you measure tick count?
What are the causes of a lower tick count?
1) Is cable feed getting more ticks than satallite
feed? It's hard to compare side-by-side, but is this
true in general?
2) More RAM, more ticks?
3) More ticks for NT than for Win98?
4) Will I lose ticks if I switch from chart to chart?
(I know I will lose ticks if I play with indicators
during realtime.)  But how about changing time scale
or playing with the drawing tools?

Thank you.

Julian